Add some zing to your chicken meatballs and make a homemade kung pao sauce with 100% clean eating ingredients! Everyone will love these Kung Pao Baked Chicken Meatballs either as an appetizer or served over white sticky rice with a vegetable.
For the Meatballs
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1/3 cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour (option to sub all-purpose or gluten-free all-purpose flour)
- 1/3 cup rolled oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
For the Kung Pao Sauce
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce (option to tamari or coconut aminos)
- 2 tablespoon sriracha
- 2 tablespoon red chili paste
- 2 tablespoon honey
- First, preheat the oven to 400ºF and spray a baking sheet with coconut oil cooking spray. Set aside.
- Next, prep chicken meatballs mixture by placing all ingredients into a large bowl and mixing until combined.
- Using a tablespoon cookie scoop (note: these are bite-sized, not giant!), scoop out a heaping scoop of mixture and mold into a ball with your hands. It works best if your hands are slightly wet with water. Place on baking sheet and repeat.
- Bake meatballs at 400ºF for 25-28 minutes or until the top begins to turn golden brown.
- While the meatballs are cooking, prep the kung pao sauce, by mixing all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Once the meatballs have slightly cooled, toss in the sauce. Serve hot!
Serving Size: 1/20