Minestrone Soup is a perfect family-friendly meal hearty enough for even the biggest appetites. It’s the easiest, and best Instant Pot Minestrone Soup recipe ever and full of protein-packed beans and loaded with veggies. This soup is filling comfort food in a bowl. Your family will love this soup for dinner.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- Half (½) cup carrots chopped
- ½ cup celery chopped
- One zucchini chopped
- 2 garlic cloves / minced
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes do not drain (14 Oz)
- A can of kidney beans drained & rinsed (14 Oz)
- A can of tomato sauce (14 Oz)
- 7 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- salt more or less to preference
- Half (½) teaspoons pepper
- 1-½ cup spinach leaves
- Half (½) cups shell pasta
- Heat oil on 'sauté' high.
- Add the onion and garlic to the instant pot and sauté until lightly caramelized for about 3 minutes.
- Add zucchini, carrots, celery, sauté for 1 minute.
- Next, add in the diced tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Press the Keep Warm/Cancel button.
- Add in the beans, vegetable broth, Italian seasoning, salt, Black pepper powder, Baby spinach, and Pasta shells. Give it a nice stir.
- Securely lock the pressure cooker's lid and set for 6 minutes on 'High'.
- Perform a 'quick release' to release the cooker's pressure.
- Serve it hot with your choice of fixing (garlic bread)
Stove Top Instructions
- Add olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, celery, zucchini.
- Let it cook for 5-6 minutes until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the diced tomatoes, beans, tomato sauce, vegetable broth, Italian seasoning salt, and pepper. Stir together and let come to a low boil.
- Once boiling, turn down the heat to medium and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add spinach and dried pasta shells. Let cook until pasta is done. Taste and add more salt or other spices if wanted.