Recipe of the Week
- 2 cups (200 g) oats
- 1.5 cups (283 g) packed, pitted soft dates
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, (optional but enhances flavor)
- Add the oats to a food processor and pulse a few times to break down into a grainy flour.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until it forms a thick, sticky dough you can easily press between your fingers. If your dates were on the dry side and the mixture seems too crumbly, you may need to add 1 tsp warm water and process again
- Use your hands to roll the dough into about 20 balls.
- Option to sprinkle with or roll balls in shredded coconut, cinnamon, or a mixture of cinnamon and coconut sugar.
- it’s important to use soft, moist dates in this recipe. if your dates are dry, or hard soak them in “just boiled” water for 15 minutes and then drain well before using in the recipe.
- store balls in the fridge for up to 1 week or freezer for up to 3 months. if taking to-go, they’re okay at room temperature for a few days if kept cool.
Serving Size: 1
Sugar: 9 g