Recipe of the Week
- 2 cups steel cut oats
- 6 cups water
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 honeycrisp apples, diced
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup almond cashew maple butter
- In a small saucepan over medium heat add the steel cut oats, water and salt. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low, stirring occasionally for 10-15 minutes or until desired consistency.
- While the oats are cooking, heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the salted butter and allow it to completely melt. Once melted, add the diced apple. Cook, stirring for about 7 minutes until the apples are lightly browned. Reduce the heat to low, add the maple syrup and cinnamon. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add a heaping scoop of the cooked steel cut oats to a bowl, top with the cinnamon maple apples and add a tablespoon of cashew maple butter to the top. Serve warm and enjoy!