- 3 packets of instant oatmeal (about 1 cup quick-cooking oats)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 browned bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 ripe banana, sliced
- Maple syrup for serving
- Place the oats in a large microwavable bowl and mix with just enough water to coat the oats (about 1/2 cup). Microwave for 90 seconds. Stir the oats to release some steam.
- Add the mashed bananas to the oats and stir. Lastly add the eggs, vanilla, and salt, stir to combine.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add 1-2 teaspoons of butter to the skillet to melt.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring scoop add batter to the heated skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes and then flip. Cook additional 1-2 minutes on the other side until golden.
- Serve pancakes with butter, sliced bananas, and maple syrup.
- watch your temp closely, the high sugar content in bananas will burn if the pan is too high.
2 servings (3 pancakes each)